In conjunction with my solo electric guitar album launch of ‘in the deep night/electric poetry’, I’m doing a mini-tour across Klang Valley where I will perform a short electric guitar set and combine this with a talk/workshop on the electric guitar.
This is an event where you can hear some live music & learn more about the process behind the scenes. I’ll explain how I use looping & share tips on how to improvise.
1. How to use chords creatively
2. How to improvise lines that sound good to create interesting solos
3. How to connect soloing skills and chord playing skills into one big picture
There will also be a Q & A session where you can ask me about soloing, chords, harmony and improvisation.
Learn more about what you’ve always been curious about. Become a better guitarist today by understanding how to practice!
All this, plus it’s free admission!
June 1st 2013
Music Master Studio
16 , Jalan SS2/10,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (6)0378753428
Fax : (6)0378753428
Mobile : (6)012-2892790
URL : http://www.musicmaster.com.my/
Click here for more info about the album:
I perform on:
William Jeffrey Jones Proteus Electric Guitar
and use awesome Elixir Strings!
Thank you to Candor Music & ZT Amplifiers for the amps!
Guitarist-Composer-Educator Az Samad has recorded with Grammy Winners Flaco Jiménez & Max Baca; graduated & taught at the prestigious Berklee College of Music; performed in the United States, Europe & Asia; and appeared on 16 CDs ranging in styles from Tex-Mex, Contemporary Jazz to solo acoustic guitar. His works have been described as “richly textured, poetic and atmospheric”. Previously based in Berkeley, California; Az now lives in Kuala Lumpur.
Az has performed professionally & taught for 15 years.
Az Samad has previously taught workshops at:
* Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, USA.
* Freight and Salvage, Berkeley, California, USA.
* Culturefest 2008, Pipestem, West Virginia, USA.
* Philippine International Jazz Fest at University of Asia and The Pacific, Philippines
* Mosaic Music Festival 2013, Singapore
* Masters in Music (Jazz Studies), 2010 – San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
* Bachelor of Music Jazz Composition and Performance (Guitar), Summa Cum Laude, 2007 Berklee College Of Music, Boston, MA
* Bachelor of Music Professional Music (Arranging) University of Westminster, UK (Program conducted at International College Of Music, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2003)