This is the first event where you can hear some live music & learn more about the process behind the scenes. I’ll explain how I use looping & share tips on how to improvise.
19 May 2013
Drumstore, Paradigm Mall, PJ
1F-20, No 1
Jalan SS 7/26A
47301 Petaling Jaya
Phone: +603 7887 7301
HQ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook event page for: Az Samad | Solo Electric Guitar Showcase/Workshop at Drumstore, Paradigm Mall, PJ
Click here for more info about the album:
Guitarist-Composer-Educator Az Samad has recorded with Grammy Winners Flaco Jiménez & Max Baca; graduated & taught at the prestigious Berklee College of Music; performed in the United States, Europe & Asia; and appeared on 16 CDs ranging in styles from Tex-Mex, Contemporary Jazz to solo acoustic guitar. His works have been described as “richly textured, poetic and atmospheric”. Previously based in Berkeley, California; Az now lives in Kuala Lumpur.
Az has performed professionally & taught for 15 years.
Az Samad has previously taught workshops at:
* Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, USA.
* Freight and Salvage, Berkeley, California, USA.
* Culturefest 2008, Pipestem, West Virginia, USA.
* Philippine International Jazz Fest at University of Asia and The Pacific, Philippines
* Mosaic Music Festival 2013, Singapore
* Masters in Music (Jazz Studies), 2010 – San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
* Bachelor of Music Jazz Composition and Performance (Guitar), Summa Cum Laude, 2007 Berklee College Of Music, Boston, MA
* Bachelor of Music Professional Music (Arranging) University of Westminster, UK (Program conducted at International College Of Music, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2003)